Outside bodies: operating as a director/trusteeFebruary 6, 2018
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion: a fair, equitable and inclusive cultureMay 14, 2018
To support councillors in the key role of chairing all types of local authority meeting, including the skills needed to chair virtual meetings!
- Councillors with chairing roles e.g. Chair of Council, scrutiny chair, chair of a planning or licensing committee, chair of a joint forum, chair of public meetings
- Newly elected councillors (ideal as part of an induction programme) who may be asked to chair meetings
- Refresher know-how for returning councillors
- Local authority meetings – why they are different!
- What types of meeting might you chair – adapting your approach
- The role of the chair
- How this role differs in a virtual setting
- The legal framework you need to know
- Your constitution
- Open and private meetings
- Keeping order
- Skills and approaches to ensure effective meetings
- Key actions before, during and after meetings
- What can go wrong and how to manage it if it does!
Particularly liked the speaker involving the audience at every step
That councillors already in chairing roles, and those who might take on this responsibility, have a clear understanding of how to be most effective as a chair, whatever the type of meeting and whether chaired in person or on-line.
Discuss your training options today