Being an effective councillor – learning from recent reportsFebruary 9, 2017
To provide a whistle stop tour of some of the key legal and governance issues you need to understand quickly!
- Newly elected councillors
- A great refresher session for those returning after an election
- An introduction to the role and responsibilities of councillors
- What are officers, what do they do and how should you relate to them?
- What does “good governance “ mean
- What are the key documents you should read and understand now including the important parts of the constitution/codes of conduct etc.
- Standards of conduct and interests – the essentials
- Danger zones and how to avoid them!
Very good training – wholly relevant
That councillors will feel more confident in their role and embark on their work with greater understanding of their role, the role of officers and the key areas of risk.
Discuss your training options today